Villa de Agua: An Unforgettable Balinese Retreat with 2 Natural Ponds
The Styles of Two Iconic Destinations Set in the Tropical Rainforest
Sleeps 8 – 4 Beds/5 Baths with over 12,000 sq.ft. from $20,000 per week
Costa Rica Vacation Properties Rate in low Season from $20,000
The styles of two iconic destinations combine to create an unforgettable retreat at Villa de Agua. Set in the lush rainforest of Costa Rica’s Pacific coast with views of the rolling hills and sea, this luxury four-bedroom, over 12,000 square foot vacation rental invites you to experience the country’s famous “pura vida”—in a villa filled with traditional Balinese art and architecture. For a private getaway, bring your family or friends to this lush Central American locale, and let the property transport you even farther from your cares.
The scene is set from the moment you enter the private walled compound of Villa de Agua and pass the traditional statues and koi ponds. Open-air lounging and dining pavilions surround sunny terraces and two infinity pools looking out to the ocean. Host a family gathering or intimate tropical wedding by setting the mood with the sound system and serving guests from the barbecue at the outdoor kitchenette, or take a moment to yourself and arrange a treatment on the massage table or a soak in the hot tub.
Vaulted ceilings, ornately carved wooden trim and traditional Balinese masks and reliefs are a stunning backdrop to the villa’s open-plan living spaces. No detail is without ornament, from the door frames to the brackets holding up shelves. But the ample supply of wicker sofas and chairs means the spaces are inviting, too, with a large sitting area, dining area with room for 24, and even a breakfast bar in the fully equipped kitchen awaiting guests.
The four bedrooms all have king beds and en-suite bathrooms. The layout means that four couples can stay in equal comfort within the villa.
Begin your holiday with a flight to Costa Rica’s Juan Santamaria International Airport, or to local Quepos Airport, just 18 miles from the villa. When you’re not spending the day by the pools, make the 3-minute drive to the nearest beach, Dominicalito, or the 3-mile drive to the beach town of Dominical. See the incredible coral reef at Marino Ballena National Park and the thundering waterfalls of Cataratas de Nauyaca, both 8 miles away, encounter local flora and fauna at Manuel Antonio National Park, 18 miles away, or find restaurants and nightlife in the town of Quepos, also 18 miles away.
- 4 bedrooms each with en-suite bathroom, safe, and direct terrace access.
- Fully equipped gourmet kitchen.
- Formal dining for up to 24.
- 2 Swimming pools & hot tub.
- Outdoor kitchen & barbeque.
- Phone, high-speed internet, WiFi.
- Satellite Smart TV, DVD, Surround Sound, Sonos, Bluray, & iPod Dock.
- Fine linens & towels & full kitchenware.
- Children over 12 years welcome.
- A/C & ceiling fans.
- Koi ponds.
- Three types of monkeys visit the property regularly, as well as sloths, a large variety of birds, lizards, butterflies & other unusual creatures.
- Concierge Manager and Vacation Coordinator.
- Security Guard.
- Breakfast served daily.
- Optional Chef services available.
- December 14-March 31: $28,000
- April 1-August 31: $24,000
- September 1-December 13: $20,000
- Easter week & Thankgiving week: $28,000
- Christmas week & New Year week: $32,000
- Rental Terms & Conditions: Pricing is based on a rental for 7 nights (inquire on pricing for less than 7 nights). 50% of the rental amount is required to hold the reservation with the Remaining 50% due 60 days prior to arrival. A $1,000 refundable cash damage deposit (less any damage) to be paid with final payment or provided upon check in and returned upon check out. Pricing does not include 13% sales tax.
- Cancellation: All rental payments are non-refundable and non-transferable to other properties. This policy is strictly adhered to and we do not have the ability to make exceptions, even in difficult situations. The renter understands and accepts the risk of Force Majeure (including Covid-19) as their sole risk. If borders or countries shut down, you can always reschedule your holiday for a future date for up to 12 months.
Submit your review
I would love to recommend Casa de Agua, as well as the property management team. We booked the house for the week between Christmas and New Years. It was the last of the rental properties available because we booked very late and since no one had rented it before us as it was brand new, we were a bit skeptical. But after speaking to the property agent, and viewing the pictures, we were much more at ease.
The pictures say it all: the house is absolutely gorgeous, clean and comfortable. When you turn on ceiling fan in the living room and open the windowed wall out to the plunge pool, the air feels fantastic and you can sit there for hours. The appliances and fixtures are high end and the house feels so luxurious. The location is central (between Manual Antonio Park and Quepos) but a car is very handy to get around. The beach is 5-10 minutes away and most of the restaurants are the same distance away as well. Everything is very convenient.
The service and staff are excellent. There is daily maid, laundry, and pool service every day. The concierge, knows everything about Manual Antonio and booked restaurants and activities for us, making it all seamless for us. She also led us to her favorite beach which is just gorgeous. She even bought and helped us put together a charcoal grill on Christmas Eve. Casa de Agua has all of the services of a hotel with the privacy of a house.
Our trip also had a slight glitch because my parents missed their flight. The concierge made sure they had transportation waiting at the airport when they arrived two days later and waited at the house for them in case our jet skiing trip that day took longer than expected. She also drove my parents to rental car place after we left to go home (my parents extended their trip) and stayed with them until they got the car.
We wish we could have stayed longer and still talk about the great time we had that week.
We reserved the house based on a recommendation from my brother and had similar needs (a group of six travelers). We were not disappointed. We tend toward luxury travel and this was within that category. Beautiful accommodations, excellent personal service — there are no complaints or exceptions. Frankly, should you consider Costa Rica, I’d just call the concierge and let her make all the arrangements — including the private chef! I really can’t list all the superlatives. Plan to go to Costa Rica. Stay at Casa de Agua. Vacation plans done, all that remains is to enjoy yourself. And you will.